Thursday 24 April 2008

A VISIT TO THE GARDEN CENTRE

Its Petite Pois birthday on Saturday as well as Sweet Williams birthday and as Petite Pois is in her first year of university in Aberdeen she wont be home, ill really miss her this year,but she asked me to go to one of the local garden centres to pick something for Sweet Williams birthday present for the garden from her.
So off I went to get him a clematis, I couldn't believe the prices £10.99 and as she wanted me to get him a pot for it as well I didn't think the budget of £20.00 was going to go very far.
I also had seen a pot in the local diy store which was £1o.oo so I went to the market this morning and got a clematis less than half the price of the garden centre ,it was only £5.00 so I very pleased with myself ,I thought I would get everything within budget so off i went to buy the £10.00 pot.
Well it wasn't £10.00 anymore it had doubled in price to £20.00, no way was I going to buy it after that price hike so hopefully a trip to Ikea will get me something.
We had an Arrum Lilly in the border for years but we seem to have lost it this year so we bought a new one not I hasten to add in the overpriced garden centre but in a little nursery not far from here only £4.00 a bargain I will plant it tomorrow.
Sweet William,Sweet Pea and Petite Pois x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our garden
Please feel free to leave a comment
We cannot guarantee it will always be sunny in our garden.
But we can guarantee a warm Irish Welcome.
Sweet William,Sweet Pea and Petite Pois x